The main difference between our Magnum and Ultima windows is the glass system. The Magnum window is fitted with standard Insulated Glass (IG). On the other hand, the Ultima uses Vacuum Insulated Glass (VIG) or monolithic glass.
The advantages of Ultima over the Magnum is the thickness. The Magnum units require some slight jamb modification as well as jamb liners to install the replacement sash system. This is due to making the sash thicker to accommodate the thicker IG so the frame looks like the original.
Conversely, the Ultima is the same thickness as your original sash because it has a thin piece of glass in it, thus eliminating the need for jamb liners or jamb modifications.
Every Ultima unit features:
- Thin glass of your choice: Spacia, VIG, or Monolithic Standard
- Historic Sash Millwork Profiles
- Minimally invasive and cheaper installation within existing jambs
- Our own WindowLogic Weatherstripping System to eliminate air infiltration
- Hidden window sash balance system that allows insulation
- Traditional joinery, mortise and tenoned upper and lower window sash
- Exact high performance replica of your existing historic wood window sash